JOYA Barcelona Art Jewellery Fair is the main event of art jewellery in Spain. Since 2009 is dedicated to promote contemporary jewellery, taking place at the cultural space Arts Santa Mónica gathering the most renowned national and international artists, galleries, collectives, schools, conferences and parallel events.
The entry call for this year has exceeded all theexpectations, having artists worldwide and especially new ones that not have been participated in previous editions, so this year will be one of the most newfangledin design and vanguard. JOYA 2016will have the participation of 46 selected artists,4 winners of prestigious international awards, 4 Galleries, 3 collectives, 4 international schools and 6 national schools, a total amount of 300 artists from around the world:
Argentina – Austria – Brazil – Bulgaria – Canada – Chile – Costa Rica – China – Cyprus – Denmark – Finland – France – Germany – Greece – Honduras – Hong Kong – Israel – Italy – Latvia – Lithuania – Luxembourg – Poland – Portugal – Romania – Russia – South Korea – Spain – Sweden – Switzerland – Turkey – United Kingdom – United States – Venezuela.
This 8th edition, JOYA will be held from September 29th, 30th to October 1st and will relate art jewellery with other fields of CONTEMPORARY ART, combining both artistic expressions.
This year the jury has selected 46 individual artists based on the originality and innovation of the presented work, the use of new techniques and experimentation with new materials.
In order to relate art jewellery with contemporary art, this year jury members are outstanding art figures.
– Dakis Joannou (Cyprus) Founder and Director ofDESTE Foundation for Contemporary Art
– Carlos Urroz Arancibia (Spain)International Director ofContemporary Art Fair ARCOMadrid
– Liesbeth den Besten (Holland) Françoise van den Bosch Foundation
– Jeemin Jamie Chung (South Korea) Winner JOYA 2015
– Piotr Rybaczek (Poland) Founder and owner of La BasilicaGalería
– Paulo Ribeiro (Brazil) Founder & Co – Director of JOYA Barcelona
– Anthony Chevallier (France) Founder & Co – Director of JOYA Barcelona
Besides, we have the honor to present the winners of the most important awards in art jewellery nowadays:
- Jeeming Jamie Chung (South Korea) JOYA 2015 Award
- JelizavetaSuska (Latvia) Herbert Hoffman Award “Schmuck 2016”
- Liana Pattihis (UK) Gioielli in Fermento, Torre Fornello 2016Award
- Sunyoung Kim (South Korea)AutorJoya 2016 AwardandGioielli in Fermento, Torre Fornello Award2016